Thursday, September 27, 2012

Episode 5: 'Homecoming' -- July 11, 2012

by Maci Bookout on 07/17/12
 
This week you guys watched me register for yet another semester of college. With Bentley starting preschool, I felt I would have much more time to devote to school so I felt obligated to sign up for a full-time schedule of five classes. After speaking with multiple advisers at my college, I realized that I was overloading my schedule once again.  Even if I didn't want to believe it, I was setting a goal that wasn't realistic.  I realized that having a lighter schedule was the better way to go.
You were also able to see what one of my struggles in actually getting to school was, and that would be Mr.Bentley. I was used to him being with me at every moment, and it was hard for me to leave him and go to school. Let's be honest here, who in the world would rather sit in class, than spend their day with that adorable boy... NOT me. As upset as it made Bentley and me to be apart, I had to do it. I realized that I was never going to be independent, or have a career that I enjoyed, if I didn't get my degree.
Let's talk about Kyle. He was such a huge help in getting me through that semester. Without him behind me, pushing me the whole way, I wouldn't have made it through those times as well as I did. Plus, it was easier for me knowing that Bentley would be happily spending his time with him while I was at school.
Here is a link to the episode if you didn't catch it:
Tune in next week for Episode Six on MTV at 10pm EST & come back here after for another recap from Maci!

isode Six on MTV at 10pm EST & come back here after for another recap from Maci!

No comments:

Post a Comment