Thursday, September 27, 2012

[INTERVIEW] 'Teen Mom' Maci Bookout On Why She's All 'Bout Voting This Year


Like many of you, "Teen Mom" Maci Bookout will be voting for the first time during the 2012 presidential election!

She talks to us about the importance of learning about the candidates and how super vital it is for people to get out and vote. On top of that, Maci also mentions how easy it is to get registered to vote which is perf timing since today is National Voter Registration Day. Check out our Q&A with Maci below, in which she also talks about her BF (now ex BF) Kyle voting and if Bentley were prez!

ACT: Why is it important for young people to vote?

MACI: Young people voting is extremely important because our demographic is the largest number of voters. We are typically all facing the same issues and concerns, so if we take the initiative to get involved in the debates and campaigns, and then follow that by voting, we have a greater chance of making a change in our favor.

ACT: Why did you want to get involved in MTV’s Power of 12 campaign?

MACI: I wanted to be involved in the Power of 12 campaign because it gave me the push that I needed to jump in on the election and get the information I needed to make the right choice and vote for what is important to me! I also believe it is a great way to get other young people, like myself, involved while making it easier on them to understand what this election is about.

ACT: Where do you get your political news (from friends, TV, online, etc)?

MACI: I take in knowledge from everywhere. There are many political discussions in my classes at my college (I'm a media tech major), so we are constantly talking about the media and what is going on in this election.

ACT: Will you and Kyle go vote together on November 6?

MACI: My goal right now is to get enough information about each campaign, so that I feel comfortable voting in the first place. After I feel like I have enough info, then I'll be ready to vote on November 6. I am doing my best to keep Kyle, and my friends very interested and involved so that they will vote too!

ACT: How was the voter registration process?


MACI: Registering to vote was extremely easy. I went to renew my license after my birthday. All I had to do was check my voter registration box, and then I received my voter's card! Piece of cake.

ACT: Would you ever want Bentley to grow up to be president one day?

MACI: I'll support him no matter what he wants to be!

ACT: What would you say to a friend who thinks their vote doesn’t matter?

MACI: I'd say that if they don't make themselves and their vote matter, then nobody in office is going to think so either. There are 45 million young people eligible to vote in this election, making it this single largest voting bloc (which means, if this generation came out to vote, they could truly set the agenda). How important is it that young people use this power? Like I said before, this is an amazing advantage that we have. If we don't use our power to make a change for our generation then nobody will! We have the loudest voice, and we need to use it!

For more on Maci and the election watch the video below in which she talks about being a first-time voter.

+Watch "Teen Mom" Maci Urges First-Time Voters: Get Registered




Get More: Music News

No comments:

Post a Comment